Deja Vu

One of the fun things I used to make when we had the shop was photo albums or scrapbooks made from genuine vinyl record album covers. Deja Vu was already a favorite as it had faux leather feel and a picture attached. The first week we were open I had Graham Nash in my store telling me how cool I was. And then David Crosby giving me the full story of the album cover Deja Vu. What a treat!!! David Crosby signed the scrapbook for me and I will cherish it always. I am looking forward to seeing a report on CBS Sunday Morning today on the 50th Anniversary of the record Deja Vu by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. He told me most Artists would really appreciate selling one million records. But, that album cover was so expensive to make with the picture hand attached in the beginning, the faux leather look and the gold lettering. They were manufacturing more and finding ways of making it more cost effective. The group was always interesting to me, and honestly I knew their names, but didn't know which was which. I didn't pay too much attention. But, then I started to do a lot of reading about them and how Mamma Cass got them to sing together at her parties in the very beginning. Mamma Cass is amazing to me. A woman Artist who really was influential of the California sound taken from the world way too soon. I am going to you tube now to see what I can find as I have to wait 3 more hours for CBS Sunday morning! Quote: My advice is precisely the advice my mother gave me. If you believe you have talent, the next thing you must have is determination. If you keep working, keep striving, and try always to move forward a little bit with every job you do, you’ll eventually make it. And I believe that! Cass Elliot Song of the Day: Barry McGuire "Do You Believe in Magic?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project