Sunflowers Along the Trail

I feel like I can finally breathe. The last two months have been a whirlwind. Nothing of what I have expected from this journey and everything I have feared for this part of my life. Luckily, I have had the time to myself to fully process the situation and act quickly to make sure the rest of my journey is not so rocky. The last few years I have really appreciated all of the sunflower farms that have been in the area. When I was able to be in Provence and Tuscany in July five years ago, I finally saw in person only what I had dreamed of my whole life of seeing. Rolling hills full of sunflowers. So, while traveling during this difficult time I have visited sunflower and lavender farms. It is the most important lesson of my life. The lesson of "the grass is always greener on the other side". We can want and dream of a better life for ourselves. Wanting something that may not be within our reach. A deep desire for something that might take a lot of money to get to, or a plane to reach. But, then you realize the sunflowers were right in your backyard all along. Last year I was even painting my dreams. The picture above is a from August 19,2020. I am going to admit right here where I am right at this very minute. I am content. But, life is going to change for me big time in the next few months. I am ready. Luckily this whole year was an excellent preparation of my new life. I am really excited for a change. And, I learned I can grow sunflowers anywhere. I will take all the advice I can get, especially from a sunflower. I will stand tall and follow the sun. Quote of the Day: Quentin L. Cook "One of the remarkable characteristics of young wild sunflowers, in addition to growing in soil that is not hospitable, is how the young flower bud follows the sun across the sky. In doing so, it receives life-sustaining energy before bursting forth in its glorious yellow color. Like the young sunflower, when we follow the Savior of the world, the Son of God, we flourish and become glorious despite the many terrible circumstances that surround us. He truly is our light and life." Song of the Day: Sunflower Vampire Weekend

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project