Step #1 Looking Up

Every couple of weeks I am enjoying visiting with my daughter and her family. Watching their family is like a camera lens, and puts life in focus for me. I come away knowing what is important in life and what is not. Spending so much time alone, I am learning more and more the need for connections are important to live life fully. I am naturally an introvert. But, after having time alone, I realize how much I need to reconnect with people. Not, just commenting on facebook, but seeing people face to face. These times are challenging for sure. This last year we were able to play it safe. Being safe from infection was our number one priority, but alienated us as a nation. It became really upsetting when we were all staying home and the numbers were rising and not getting better. This year it seems our priorities are better. Getting outside is good for you and encouraged. Also, so very satisfied that the vacinations are working and the numbers are dropping rapidly. But, now with things getting better for our country, we can see in some parts of the world, it is getting worse. And, we can reach out and help. For me personally I feel I really needed this time to rest and in doing so I became increasingly restless. My sleep became horrible. My diet was all about comforting myself leading towards some weight gain. But, once I got vaccinated it was like the gate was open. I started to make appointments for my eyes, the dentist, and got my mom's final taxes done. I started to eat all proteins and cut out breads and sugary deserts and have been losing instead of gaining weight. I planted a summer garden a month ago, instead of watching spring flowers die and then needing to replant more hardy summer plants. I now feel I can do more for others, because I saw to it to take care of my needs first. That's big for me. I also am sleeping about four hours straight and waking up about once a night instead of four times a night. My journey to joy is looking up and it has only begun. I am setting goals and filling my life with hope. I am happy I have found an opportunity to help not just myself, but have purpose and help artisans from around the world. There are opportunities for you too. If you want to treat yourself to something, but feel you don't have the means. Host a party, set a goal and I will do my best to make sure you get what you want for free! Also, I would love to have a team, so if you think this sounds interesting to you, there are 19 days left for the partnership for $39.00 and you get to pick three items to share The Trades of Hope message and an opportunity to earn some money while sharing a product you love. Please join my group on facebook: Journey to Joy to learn more. Quote of the Day: "When day comes, we step out of the shade, aflame and unafraid. The new dawn blooms as we free it. For there is always light, if only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman Song of the Day: Patty Smith "People Have the Power"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project