Finding Joy

I am babysitting my grandson this afternoon. And, I decided to take this precious time to write, while he is napping. I have been here since Christmas Eve. Consciencely, trying to enjoy every moment. Trying not to take too many photos or video, and staying away from social media. Taking a sip of my hot chocolate, smelling the pine of the Christmas tree with it snowing slightly outside the window. Listening to the innocence of a two year old and trying to understand every word he utters. He has an amazing vocabulary and is constantly in amazement at every single person, place and thing within his eyesight. I am soaking all of these moments in, as these are the golden moments I crave every year. Every morning he takes me by the finger and says "follow me!" And, he brings me to the beautifully decorated tree. He then sits across from me on the couch. And, then he says everytime. Look at the lights. I look and it is very pretty and decorated perfectly with mostly hand made ornaments. And, we just sit there until he roars like a dinosaur and exclaims "Run"! Don't let the dinosaur get you. This morning it was a volcano and he looked terrified as he ran out of the room. I can't help but, think this is life in a nutshell. Trying to look for the light and have some scary thing happen and you just want to retreat to the darkness. But, honestly I can say after the lightening that struck me six months ago. I will be looking for every opportunity to be there in the darkness and following my leader to the light. My cup of hot chocolate is definitely half full, and that it how I will continue to try to see it. I have to say try, because my mind does go to what I am missing quite often. Gone, but not forgotten. So, as I am approacing 2022 I am planning on what to focus on and what feels good. And, wallowing in the past does not feel good. I am looking forward to writing in a different style. I went shopping with my daughter yesterday, and it was so much fun. We haven't shopped together in a very long time. I am planning my Christmas tree for next year. And, I am going to get to work on some ornaments now while Everett is sleeping. They are going to be all felt ornaments. Easy to put up and take down and very easy and light to store and move! Quote of the day: See the world through the eyes of your inner child. The eyes that sparkle in awe and amazement as they see love, magic and mystery in the most ordinary things. – Henna Sohail Song of the Day: Ingrid Michelson Zoey DeChanel Merry Chrismas to you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

Greetings from Geralyn