#8 Check the rear view mirror now and then

Looking at what is behind us, can be comforting. Having friends who were with us at different times or our lives is priceless. Remembering those times together is the best. Lately, it's been nice to have the time to catch up with others on the phone, facebook or in person on a beach chair at the beach. We are in our sixties now, and I find our conversations fascinating. What we have overcome and what we have worked so hard to achieve. It's funny most of us started our adult lives as waitresses. And, I think we share the same values and can look at life the same way. And, really know how to support each other. We have a certain kind of knowing that if we keep the faith, everything will be fine. I will never forget when I was at college and a Resident Advisor and the Dean was giving me a review and she said "Why are you here? Your face lights up when you talk about waitressing back home." I was shocked, she said that. But, she was like that, she knew how to get to your core. I really did love it, but knew I couldn't do it for my whole life. At this age I didn't think I would have to think so much of what I was going to "do" for my future. I thought it would be a time of slowing down and relaxing. And, a couple of months ago, I thought that would be a good plan. But, I am ready to see what else is out there, for me. Because, when it comes right to it. Life is so much better lived outside the box, then in. Quote of the day: "But failure has to be an option in art and in exploration--because it's a leap of faith. And no important endeavor that required innovation was done without risk. You have to be willing to take those risks." --James Cameron Song of the day: She used to be mine Sara Bareilles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project