Time Flies

I can't believe we are two weeks into January! One of my surprises, is I really thought my basement was a never ending story. I thought I would go down there and sort and move pile to pile. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel. After this week there is a good chance it won't look like a dump of college textbooks, artwork, mom's clothes, store inventory, art supplies, holiday decorations and "important papers". I am Starting to realize if I throw it out, I don't have to deal with it any more. Ahhhhhh....can you hear the angels singing? It really became a revelation. But, in ten years there has been quite an accumulation. This made me incredibly upset with myself. Because, when we moved here, I sorted out twenty years of accumulation, and swore I would never do that again. But, these were different circumstances, especially working full time commuting to Woodbridge, and still having a store. And, both of us making all of the inventory. In case you are wondering the image above is part of my Victorian scrap collection. It is part of a scrapbook and takes up the whole page, so it is about 9x12 inches. I started to read more about victorian scrap, as I am trying to find my artistic style. I always end up back to the Victorian period. But, it was more interesting to read these started as watercolors and then were printed in color through lithography. Layers of paint plates became a way to print during this time. Everything printed was black and white before this. And, they also used images from Raphael during the Renaissance period. I think my style will be a mixture of this, impressionism and a heavy black line. I am trying to get through all that I learned in college. I became very confused as there became so many rules. But, fine art and illustration are totally different with different rules. I took a watercolor class with Pauline Mickle when I was pregnant with the twins. Maybe you might remember the Ruth Vail Studio on Route 71 in Sea Girt. I really loved watercolor painting and spent a lot of money at the time for supplies. One of the things I am going to do as a reward is professionaly frame some of my works from that time. I will even sign and date them! Something I have to start doing. Today I can't wait to dig some more, and tomorrow it is off to the dump to end a very productive week. Next week I will start listing on Ebay. I also will start an online Create Christmas class!!! I didn't want to spend any money on classes, but after this week using Creative Bug, I realized it is good to have some guidance. I also decided to work small and use whatever I paint into greeting cards. If worst comes to worst, hopefully I will have enough that everyone on my list will get an handpainted card. Quote of the day: “I give you this to take with you: Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.” – Judith Minty Song of the day: Steve Miller Time Keeps on Slipping

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project