Advice from a Tree

So, the other oak tree older then 500 years in New Jersey is in the town of Salem. I spent the first twenty years of my life growing my roots on Salem Avenue in Spring Lake. When I first saw the story of this tree, the ending made me happy that the seeds were sent to many towns. Here is the you tube video I watched. I have been struggling this year (as many have) with loss. And there are many quotes about trees and how they lose their leaves every year, but Spring brings them new life. It was comforting for a few days, but then realizing I am human and have feelings it didn't help. But, it did make me feel stronger and helped me from not breaking. Here is advice from a tree which helps me keep the faith: Advice from a Tree By Ilan Shamir Dear Friend, Stand Tall and Proud Sink your roots deeply into the Earth Reflect the light of a greater source Think long term Go out on a limb Remember your place among all living beings Embrace with joy the changing seasons For each yields its own abundance The Energy and Birth of Spring The Growth and Contentment of Summer The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter Feel the wind and the sun And delight in their presence Look up at the moon that shines down upon you And the mystery of the stars at night. Seek nourishment from the good things in life Simple pleasures Earth, fresh air, light Be content with your natural beauty Drink plenty of water Let your limbs sway and dance in the breezes Be flexible Remember your roots Enjoy the view! This is the first time in a long time all of my Christmas decorations are put away before the Three Kings arrival (which is today). I have spent a lot of time in the house. Today, I think a walk on the beach is in order to enjoy the view! Quote of the Day: "The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." ― Ralph Waldo Emerson Song of the Day: Rush The Trees

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project