The Power of Yellow

"The New Dawn blooms as we free it" Closing words to the poem "The Hill WE Climb" written and spoken by Amanda Gorman for yesterday's Inauguration of President Biden. Did you know Illuminating yellow and gray are the pantone color of the year? Their meaning together is: resilience and hopefulness. . She wore a bright Yellow Jacket. Her words were powerful. How she articulated her words, and the motions of her hands almost as if she was singing with her hands. It was incredibly visual even though she was there for her written word. At the tender age of 22, a Harvard graduate. She has already branded herself, and plans on being the President of the United States in the year 2036. I was blown away by her Artistry. Her originality was incredible. I went right to You Tube and watched video after video. I learned how she couldn't pronounce R's. And she recited parts of Hamilton with a lot of ryhmes and R's to overcome it. I watched her Ted talk where I could actually hear what she has overcome. She referred to one of my favorite quotes which is: "They tried to bury us, they didn't know we were seeds". It is a Mexican expression, I believe. She made me believe in the future. She is a powerhouse, who has lit up the sky, more then sunshine, for me. I can't wait to see her live on "Good Morning America" this morning. I can't wait to visualize a sunrise and paint it with her words in my mind. Quote of the day: When day comes, we step out of the shade aflame and unafraid. The new dawn blooms as we free it. For there is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it. Amanda Gorman Song of the day: Yellow by Coldplay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project