Soulfire

The Inauguration really comsumed me this week! It's Friday and I have no idea how we arrived on this day so fast! I went to Frenchtown over last weekend and it has taken me this long to write about it. It was a little over ten years ago I was able to visit Paris and experience a macaron for the first time. The line for Lauderee was about twenty minutes long in the freezing cold. Slowly we were opening shops in the United States, and at least yearly I would try to visit the Lauderee in New York City. I have been wanting to visit the one in Washington DC all year, and it finally reopened after covid. I hope to get there this Spring. In the meantime, I went to my good friend, the internet, to see where I could get my hands on a macaron and a hot chocolate in New Jersey. I discovered a candy store named Libbybeans and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the cute little cup. I will use it for watercoloring this week. I ordered my hot chocolate and they were sold out already. Bummer. I ordered a chai latte and a espresso and a pistachio macaron. There were nice little cafe chairs outside, so I decided to sit and enjoy. Frenchtown is really cute and bustling. It was very refreshing. When I walked back to my car I stopped in a storefront who made their own flowers and offered workshops. I think this is genius and am looking forward to going back there. I got in my car and turned on the radio. As I left town I rode along the river. And, it reminded my of my post of how I was going to get on a raft and ride down the river. And, then it happened. The song I have been saying is turning out to be my favorite came on. Soulfire! I stopped the car to experience the river and the words to the song. So, the whole reason for this post is "when life gives you lemons make lemonade". Quote of the day: Michael Altshuler The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot. Song of the day: Soulfire Steven Van Zandt and the Deciples of Soul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project