Feeding Your Soul

Do you buy yourself flowers? I love to buy flowers from time to time. Around this time I would see a bunch of daffodils for 99 cents, and would put them in my shopping cart at the grocery store, without even thinking about it. My mom told me how much she admired that. She watched her father give my grandmother flowers on my mom's birthday. And, my dad didn't really buy my mom flowers, much. But, she would want them and never think of buying them for herself. I never thought twice about it or thought it was a big deal. Now, my excuse is to paint them too. But, I really think it is important, espcially this time of year to bring nature inside with us. It really can brighten your mood. I loved everything about the "Sprouts" flower van. First of all, it's blue and white. She had a beautiful selection in french buckets all priced by the stem. I honestly might drive an hour back to the pop up as many weekends I can before Valentine's Day. I also was glad I stopped, instead of riding by and wishing I did. That was one thing I loved about my dad. We traveled a lot, and if we saw something we wanted to stop at, he usually would stop. I loved the old Indian rest stops that sold Indian Moccasins. I would love to buy the Indian dolls with eyes that blinked, and outfits of suede and were beaded. But, during this time of isolation and quarantine I think it is really important to find a way to add a little sunshine in our lives. The days are pretty grey and cold. But, just a 99cent bunch of flowers from Shop-Rite could do the trick to make our days a little brighter. Quote of the day: I must have flowers always and always. Henri Matisse Song of the day: Rolling Stones Dandelion

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project