Joie de vivre

Ahhhh the joy of life. Well, if it was only that easy, to feel that way, during the time of Covid. It is hard to find the joy with so many restrictions and limitations. But, I feel we all have the power to turn a frown upside down. I am going to share with you my biggest fear. I fear getting depressed. I have seen it take lives of seemingly happy people. With the amount of loss I had last year, it is something I am probably too conscience of. So, I keep myself in check. I also consciencely will go on little adventures to feed my soul. You may have noticed my theme last week. It was french and I included it in the food I ate, the music I listened to, the sites I visited on the internet, the subjects I painted, and the products I used to clean. I used all of my senses. I love the smell of lavender and lemon, associated so much with Provence. But, I have to say New Jersey can provide your senses with the french joie de vivre (if you are in the right places). And, if you are not, it could be as easy as adding some items to your next delivery. Just some lemons, cinnamon bread for french toast or lavender laundry detergent could do the trick. I ended up taking a trip to Rumson to the French Market and 606 River. I came home with yummy corn and bacon soup, french sparkling water, and some macarons. I stopped in to see Anne Marie (from our neighbor sister store Coral Cove in Spring Lake) at 606 in Fair Haven and bought some Lavender shower fizzies. And, this gave me some focus of concentration of subject matter for painting. I finished one class and am now onto another with a Christmas theme. This taught me a lesson in losing my focus and the days got away from me. So, I am taking this weekend off to enjoy other's Artist's work. Quote of the day: “Villages have an unmistakable charm. There is a subtle magic found in villages. The earthiness, greenery, and fragrance of flowers, plants, fruits, and vegetables growing in the field is breathtakingly inimitable. Sitting in the lush green fields, while gazing at the wide blue sky, amidst the farm animals and the simple houses in the background, is a joie de vivre.” ― Avijeet Das Song of the Day: Coldplay Viva La Vida

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project