Bon Jour

It was so nice to take a weekend off from my new daily routines. I try to paint each day, clean out a cabinet, tackle the basement, read, and list on eBay each day. Friday everything really got to me. I didn't know where to start. Every day I went food shopping and Friday I realized I never got eggs to make french toast for the weekend. It took me until 4pm to get to the food store. And, I accomplished absolutely nothing on Friday. Realizing I was feeling a bit frazzled, I decided to take the weekend off. It was so nice to get out to Atlantic Highlands Art show: Art in the Age of Covid. My friend, who is more than half way to goal of painting 30 self portraits had her work displayed in the show. Then I came home and went on a zoom meeting with Julia Cameron who wrote the book "The Artist's Way". She is promoting a new book called "The Listening Path". It was nice to hear conversation about a book I have always wanted to read. But, I was shocked to see I practice a lot of what her book is about already. The one that stood out was an "Artist's date". It is to go somewhere each week for about an half hour (by yourself) and be inspired. I definitely already do that. And, during these times of solitude, I definitely recommend it. I also recommend doing something to put some "pep in your step". I definitely did this Friday when I started getting in a funk and didn't feel like doing anything. It just is funny because it all involved peppermint. I washed my hands with peppermint soap, cleaned my counters with peppermint cleaner (Mrs. Myers) and had a hot chocolate with a candy cane. I hope you had a good weekend and have a great week. I am looking foward to, hopefully, getting down to Maryland this week to visit my daughter and family. Quote of the day: Many blocked people are actually very powerful and creative personalities who have been made to feel guilty about their own strengths and gifts. Julia Cameron Song of the Day: Peppermint Twist Joey Dee and the starliters and just heard on you tube they are from New Jersey! And they were truck drivers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project