Brain Dumping

Have you ever heard of this before? I have been noticing it on social media. I think I have been doing this all along on my blog. I am not used to having so much time at home, and really noticed when I was home in the Spring I had to write daily to help clear my mind. It became very addicting. Any way, I think anything to help get through tough times is welcome. I also realized how much I need a change of scenery to help me see things more clearer. I was happy I started the year painting little pictures of the holidays. I like the idea of using them for postcards or attaching them to greeting cards. I didn't know what to write on them. After visiting with my daughter and family, the idea was born and I came home and finished them. I wasn't going to take any classes to focus on my art work, but after an unproductive week and ending it with a 24 hour stomach bug, I gave in. The site is called Creativebug and I LOVE it! I am only two days in, but I feel more productive and motivated to start each day again. I started with Lila Rogers class on developing a style. It was my biggest frustration after graduating with an Art degree, I really felt I didn't have a style. She says to approach everything as if you are a scientist of your life. So, this week I will be an archaeologist. I have been cleaning and purging all week. It starts to get to me. Especially going though boxes and boxes of photos. So, yesterday, to my surprise, I started reboxing and reorganizing them. I also got to Costco and will be digitizing old VHS tapes and slides. As I am doing it, I reference myself as an archaeologist and the deeper I dig the better it feels. The digging usually weighs heavy on my mind, and I am actually starting to feel lighter. Which is just what I need! Quote of the day: “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela Song of the Day: Golden Years David Bowie Sometimes the song I pick is what I hear upon waking. I will think of the song and think I want to paint. It makes getting up each morning exciting. I love to have my google home nearby,so I can ask google to play the song and then paint to it. In listening to it....I had no idea he says Angel. A really comforting vision emerged, and a very simple thing created by my thoughts, makes my day. I believe this is what a brain dump is. and really since I don't know what it is, I am going to google it now. LOL!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project