The Cost of Trying

So, this is the second self portrait I did for advertising design. This one used pantone color sheets, and were cut with an excacto knife, a pen that was filled with ink for the drawing (I think they were called rapidiograph pens) individual rub on letters and rub on architectual elements for the trim. Each project when completed didn't look like much, but it cost a fortune. This was all before computers. It's amazing how much everything has changed. But, anyway my post is about how supplies cost so much. I prefer recycling rather then buying expensive paper. When I would spend a lot on supplies, it would make me tense and be afraid of waste, by making a mistake. I have been using my ebay money to buy supplies. And, I am so happy I wait long enough to see what I need before making a purchase. I finally got the nerve to buy some goauche paints yesterday. There was the brand name for $59.99 for six tubes. And, I ended up with Michal's brand Artist Loft, a set of 24 tubes (the same size) for 10.99 and with 30% coupon making it around 7.49. I am doing this for fun, so I think it is easier when the cost is lower AND it had six different shades of blue and some metallics. I bought some more paper, and two finer brushes. I opened the tube and the smell reminded me how much I hated working with goauche paints. It's gloppy and there is more mixing to get the right colors. To my surprise I really enjoyed the painting I did yesterday. I didn't have any objects in mind to paint. So, with Valentine's day right around the corner I painted hearts. I will talk more about the experience in tomorrow's post. It has a lot to do with random music and how it correlates to what I am doing. Quote of the Day: You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap! Dolly Parton Song of the Day: I have a dream Abba

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project