Inspiration of Family

Developing a style should come easy, especially at the age of 61. But, honestly it is easiest for me to go back to my four year old self, who did't get a chance to be influenced by her environment, yet. When I am given too many choices, even with color it is really hard for me to focus. So, I thought of what really makes me happy, and that is the colors blue and white. I am glad it developed into my style. My house and wardrobe are full of it. So, coming up with 100 days of projects is a challenge. But, the ideas are there each day, and I am ahead already of what I want to do. This week I am focusing on my dishes and how they inspire me in my projects. My everyday dishes are Liberty Blue and were my grandmothers. I already told you the story of my good dishes. But, most of what I have was given to me. My family knows my style! And, that is a real treat! The card pictured is from my mom and dad. I found it the other day, and it really made me smile. It was given to me the Christmas I was engaged. What is different is my dad wrote it and told me to use the money in the card for my wedding dress. I love the blue and white dishes in the card (and it is a hallmark card)! I love the blue and white wing chair and fireplace and the cat looks just like a cat named Shannon we had at the time. I am so glad there are some happy memories as I go through everything. I also watched two videos I had transferred to digital and that made me cry like a four year old. Coincidentally, I was four in the video, too. So, it is hard not knowing how uncovering our past is going to hit us emotionally. But, the thing that is making me stronger is facing it, and all the feelings it stirs. Quote of the day: If you can spend a perfectly usesless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned to live. Song of the day: It's my Life by Bon Jovi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project