Inspiration of Friendship

As I go through the basement I am in a battlefield. Do I keep this or do I throw it away. Do I keep these memories alive or do I let them go. It is not a pleasant job. So, my approach is like an archiologist, but when it comes to certain things, it is like being an art curator. It is not like I haven't done this before. It took me four years going through 20 years of stuff. And, what is here, was mostly picked because of it's value to my heart. When I uncovered this greeting card pictured above. I knew exactly who gave it to me and for what birthday. It could represent me or her walking on the beach. We are still friends and love to talk about how a walk on the beach or visit to the inlet solves everything! As, my friend Laura is reading this I am sure she realizes I am writing about her. We have been friends since Spanish class. We still pronounce our names in spanish when we talk today. She is the first friend that signed a card to me: "Love ya". She is the first friend in high school I confided in with family secrets. She is the friend who set up an interview for me with a dean to attend college a year after high school graduation. She is a good listener and I treasure her friendship. She is also the reason I have my blue and white obsession. She may not even remember this. But, we visited Brielle Galleries, I think to buy a wedding gift the year after high school. We began looking around and we started talking like we were rich and maybe even from the south. But, it went like "Honey, these would look real pretty on my dining room table." It was fun and playful and we were pretending and giggling. But, I did take a postcard of the dishes I fell in love with. When Glen asked me what I did that day, I talked to him in the same pretend voice. I showed him the postcard of the Mottahedeh Blue Canton dishes and thought nothing of it. About three years later he gave me a five piece setting of those dishes. This was mind blowing to me that he remembered that day. And, it spoke volumns of the type of character he has. I have joined an instagram challenge called the 100 day project and I will post 100 things I have or will create using the colors blue and white. I will try to write each day the reasons I love the colors blue and white and all of the inspirations that go along with them. I will include them more visually in my stories each day. Quote of the day: “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Helen Keller Song of the day: You Mean So Much to me Baby Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project