New Month- New Monday- New Goals

I am a little frustrated with myself. My Fridays haven't been the best. I get full of a feeling I haven't really figured out what it is, or how to deal with. But, this week, I hope to end that. But, I find myself being hard on myself. I don't really look forward to the weekend, because it is now like any other day. I wonder what I did all week, I am not feeling like I am finishing any projects. I signed up for the Create Christmas class and I love it. I love when I get the email of what theme and color scheme to use each week to create a design. I have the ideas and the follow through. After seeing everyone's work the first week, I saw almost everyone's design was digital. Computers were just being introduced in '89 and my advertising design teacher was going to school, herself to learn. What I did learn is the graphic software changes very quickly and you could spend a lot of money on hardware and software, and it is outdated sometimes in a year. But, everyone was commenting how they were using Procreate with an apple pencil. Procreate is graphic program that is ten dollars for the application! There is no subscription. So, I went to Wal-mart and they had the I pad and pencil I wanted and I bought the app that day. It is hard to figure out on my own. I watch videos on how to begin and was able to create the picture above. I was even able to send it to my laptop, so I can share it. So, overall I should be happy with the accomplishment and the future. I will just have to practice more. The other good thing is I am creating something blue and white everyday as part of the 100 day project. I am continuing working on developing a style. This is really helpful and I enjoy diving into different methods each day. Watercolor is my favorite, and I will be buying some gouche ( an opague watercolor paint used professionally) paint to try, soon. Lastly, talking about goals. I missed my mark last year for Ebay. December my sales dropped big time! But, there was a lot involved. The mail became extremely slow. Some orders were hung up a month before delivered. I sent them priority. Also, everytime I went to list, I was told I had a certain amount of time to change my way to get payments. This was hugely frustrating, because I liked keeping it seperate. I finally got it straigtened out last week. I really was going to give up and wait for garage sale season. But, I need to sell four more items to become a Top Seller. The only thing I sell, that is a sure thing to list, is my magazines. So, I am listing a bunch this week. I also, will try to list some of my vintage postcards. So cheers to Monday. A whole new day to start a new week! Quote of the day: With a new day comes new stregnth and new thoughts. Eleanor Roosevelt Song of the day: The Killers My Own Soul's Warning

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project