A new day!

There is nothing like a snow day! I love the thought of having the fridge full, electricity still on, and lots of windows to look out. I also had a few days away that really inspired me. Time with my daughter and family is a joy. I also took some time to stop at Winterthur in Delaware. I ended up buying a membership and plan on stopping there as much as possible this year. It is the fourth largest residence in the United States and was owned by the DuPonts. I had heard of it when I worked at Brielle Galleries. I knew they had the same dish pattern I have. It is pictured above, but it's edges are gold. Mine is from Mottahedeh. Mottahedeh is a New Jersey designer who makes china dishes from historical patterns. It is blue and white and I love it to this day. The tour of the house was available, which was fortunate during the time of covid. Tours are only on Saturdays. But, the garden tours and walks are what I am really interested in the future. What I loved the most about the house was it was decorated during Victorian times. They were the BEST tablescapers. They had different sets of dishes everywhere. Instead of a song today, I am going to share their soup tureen collection. It is fascinating and was donated to the museum from the Campbell Soup Company's collection. I really appreciate the stories of our dishes. Ever since the closing of Brielle Galleries and then manufacturers to follow, I am afraid it is a dying art. So, I really love and appreciate all that I have as far as my dishes. I just wish I felt more comfortable using it. I am working on that! I will put pictures of the house in my story on instagram today. My favorite was the pantry with shelves of candleholders. The grounds have beautiful cutting gardens to fill the vases each day during the seasons. They would change curtains and slipcovers four times a year. And, it was a farm, so they were eating farm to table each day. My instagram is: https://www.instagram.com/geralyn_gray/ Todays Quote: You, whose day it is, get out your rainbow colors and make it beautiful. Traditional Nottka Song. You tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAvIo7WUrF8 Soup tureens of Winterthur Delaware

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project