Take It Easy

That's it! I am taking it easy on myself! I set up my table with supplies to paint and was ready to listen to "Bruce from his home to yours" on Sirius on my new Amazon Dot Echo. Alexa couldn't understand me and told me to ask her later! She said that 3x. Ok change of plan. I really wanted to paint to this, but I quick grabbed a mask, so I wouldn't miss a minute. I decided to head to New Egypt to a flea market. As I approached and was 10 minutes away, I realized I lit two candles by the kitchen sink. The debate in my head began. The practical me turn around and headed home. The music in the show was about the end of summer and I was starting to get depressed. My imagination was going crazy with thoughts of the house burning down. And, then I thought how my imagination always gets me in trouble. And, why oh why do I always think the worst outcome will come out of me doing something stupid??? I am hard on myself. I started to relax when Bruce talked about his childhood visits to Manasquan. But, then I just couldn't wait to pull up to my house to make sure it was still standing. And, then I thought and wondered if the show is going to end right as I pull up to the house. Indeed it did, and everything looked fine. So, I sat and listened to the last song of Frank Sinatra's "Summer Wind". This reminded me of summers at the store in Asbury Park. I walked in the house, blew out the candles and picked up my paint brush. Listening to music as I painted, the song "Take it Easy" by the Eagles came on. I am spending the rest of the day taking it easy and will share a video of what I painted today. Quote of the day: "Throw roses in the rain" from the song Thunderoad by Bruce Springsteen Song of the day: Take it Easy by the Eagles with Jackson Browne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project