Believing Mirrors

Do you have a believing mirror in your life? I follow Julia Cameron who wrote about this today. She wrote The Artist's Way. A book I have not read. But, when I listen to a zoom meeting of hers or her daily quotes, I feel she is really helpful in unlocking the Artist within ALL of us. Yesterday I came home to a fed ex package and I couldn't wait to see who it was from and what was in it. It was the beautiful journal pictured above. A tree dream journal was just a perfect gift and the words in the card were so sincere. I then read the quote from Julia Cameron. And, it all made me want to reread some writing I did around the time my mother had died. I was trying to use the image of tree to give me stregnth and write about loss. But, how I was going to get through it, through new growth, like a tree. Here is what I wrote, and then what I wrote after she had died as how to further use a tree to focus on growth: Can’t you see I am me and not a tree I need love peace-like dove and not above I need space with pretty lace to save face I need time to call mine and all is fine I need family to be me can’t you see? I need rest to be my best or I am a mess I need kindness I need patience I need goodness I need hope I have feelings I am human I need water and nutrients from the dirt like a tree But, can’t you see? I am not a tree. I need to be needed and to feel free It is a push and pull an up and a down it is life as it goes around Can’t you see…….I am not a tree I am just a girl who wants to be loved But, if love and goodness is wrong I don’t want to be right I want to see the light Every night will bring darkness but with each new day dawn breaks with light some with clouds, rain, wind or snow some with blue skies full of sunshine each day no matter is still the same because I need to see the light It may be too bright to see the truth but with each day comes the night. Treelike actions: "Branching Out: Not being such an introvert Always have trust issues with friends and not opening up about what is actually happening in my life Acting like Branches: Bending without Breaking: Always want to be in control. Afraid of crying in front of someone and appearing weak. Holding in everything I have ever been ashamed of for being afraid of being judged. Trees let go of leaves each year effortlessly. Try to just let go and realize all the control in the world would help what God’s plan for you is. Realize and forgive my mom for her human nature and know that it is not you and not even a reflection of you. Keep going in using what you have and selling what you won’t need in the future. Mother Nature can NOT be controlled Plant seeds for the future and never stop. Focus on what is around and make sure whatever you are investing in will give you joy for many days and years ahead. Let your friends know you are ok by sharing your glory days. Nature is a gift and meant to shared. So is human nature…..feel the feels…that is why you are human. How does a tree help a human. It keeps growing and creating shade from the sun when it gets too bright. It can keep us cool in the summer. It is beautiful to look at….the fuller the better. It can protect us from the rain and wind but, not lightening. It starts as a seed and grows roots. It can only grow with strong roots. As humans age there is a time where we realize how important our childhood is to make us appreciate our strong roots. Because during our teenage years we just want to run from them and have freedom and control of our lives. It is during this time that we should realize how important those roots will always be there for us and to honor them so we can continue to grow in a healthy way. To want to continue to face what each season brings. A Cherry tree isn’t always full of flowers, it goes through many losses as it grows. Keep growing and don’t look back for strength. Concentrate on the goodness the future will bring and accept everything God brings us with appreciation and gratitude. " So, in the middle of this year I saw the light. It was as if I got hit by lightening, and my life changed in an instant. It was an ugly truth of the lie I was living amongst. And, I instantly knew I needed my friends more then ever. And then the last paragraph is the most amazing, because I rekindled a friendship with a childhood friend. We went to different high schools and drifted apart. But, the morning after I signed my divorce papers, I got a text she was coming to New Jersey for a funeral. And, we were able to meet up for a few hours. She is the one who gave me the beautiful tree journal. Song of the day: Jumbalaya The Carpenters Ian shared a band performing this song a couple of months ago and was exclaiming how much he liked it. I was able to ask my friend if she remembered this song. I think it played constantly in 1974. Quote of the day: “Believing Mirrors” are people who mirror us back to ourselves as powerful, strong, and in our most positive light. Our Believing Mirrors are valuable people in our creative lives. Julia Cameron An Artist's Way I have quite a few believing mirrors in my life......Thank God. I believe they are important to have at work and not just our creative life, too. And, I think my mom was my biggest believing mirror. And, my family are my believing mirrors,too. But, most of all, I think when we look in the mirror the best reflection is one that comes from being true to ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

Greetings from Geralyn