Strong Roots

Challenges and goals in life can make you stronger or they can make you feel like a failure. Whether it is trying to lose weight, do a good job, play an instrument, play on a team or just stay healthy. It is up to you and I would say whatever it is you have to have a daily practice. Each individual has probably been taught this in one way or another through prayer or meditation or whatever you want to call a daily practice of reflection. I think life moves so fast now, it may not happen for everyone. But, I for one, feel like I may have been running through life since the age of 12. Even then my calender was full with babysitting and volunteering. My first summer out of grade school and I worked( volunteered) at a summer camp for autistic children. I learned so much that summer about myself. I learned I was sensitive and too full of empathy to go into the field of caring for others. I would have a hard time sleeping thinking of the little girl who was assigned to me. So many experiences shaped me as person. But, nothing can shape you as a parent. I heard a really good thing this week. I have been doing a lot of free workshops and meditation, so I am not too sure where I heard it. But, they were talking about parenting. They said you are in this moment right now. You have never had this moment, before. So what makes you think you should have the knowlege to deal with a moment you have no experience in, before. Wow! I wish I heard this as a struggling parent. And, I think every parent struggles. Like they say, babies don't come with instruction manuals. But, any way I love the saying I am sharing today. And, I love the picture I painted yesterday. I can't really say that about each of the 50 projects I have created so far. But, I really felt the need to sign it. I don't think I have ever felt that way before. I tried by brush and that didn't work. Then I remembered I had a calligraphy set I bought at April Cornell a few years ago. I was so happy I could use this glass pen and ink for the first time. I will share in my insta stories how it was a struggle. Especially, when I holding a camera in one hand and trying to sign with the other. But, eventually I got there and that feeling is what I call "triumphant". If I can feel those feelings in something each day it would be a miracle. And, I am looking for miracles lately. And, the bottom line is, that faith feeling of knowing if you try your best every day, somewhere along the line you are going to feel triumphant. And, that's where the roots come in. As we go through life we are digging deeper into ourselves. The older you are the deeper and wider the roots. My parents did a great job giving me roots, but they were even better at giving me wings to fly. Sometimes, I don't use my wings. And, that is alright. But, I am ready to take these wings and fly, only because I stand strong with deep roots. I really enjoyed reading about the quote this morning. Especially the part of who to attribute it too. But, whether we are parents or not we should take comfort from this quote. Taking the load off our parents, and realizing it is up to us to fly through life. Quote of the day: "There are only towo lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other wings." In this book the quote is attributed to a wise woman. “Where Main Street Meets the River” by Hodding Carter Song of the Day: On Eagle's Wings Josh Groban

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project