HOPE

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - BY EMILY DICKINSON “Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all - And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard - And sore must be the storm - That could abash the little Bird That kept so many warm - I’ve heard it in the chillest land - And on the strangest Sea - Yet - never - in Extremity, It asked a crumb - of me. Just one word for the future. So simple, just four letters. Last year at this time we thought or hoped in two weeks we all would do our best to stop the virus. It's been a year. The news, the vaccination, the politicians are giving us words of Hope. I thought it would be a peaceful time, and within a few months it was a time of unrest. I didn't know what to wish or pray for anymore. So, now we get into action and get vaccinated and just hope for the best. It's all that we can do. Just one very powerful word HOPE. Brittany Howard is my symbol for hope. She was a postal worker and now sings on the Grammies. She represents and sings about hope with soul. The picture above was taken at a Music Festival. I went to the festival by myself, during a thunder storm, and was always afraid of Camden (because of the violent crime). Yes, my son was there and we did hang out. But, driving there and waiting on line I just looked up at that old Victor Victrola tower of the RCA building and knew I was meant to be there and it would be alright. Song for the day: Brittany Howard You'll Never Walk Alone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project