Celebrating the Little Triumphs

I started last week visiting Kaylyn and her lovely family and home. I think the best part is hearing all the new words coming out of my grandson's mouth. Or him discovering a new taste and liking it. Or just locking eyes and having his face turn into a giant smile lighting up the room. He also randomly just comes over and initiates the best hugs and snuggles. I was savoring every moment capturing little videos and photos. It seems like months ago this morning. So, as I approach another day I am looking forward to painting some more. The painting above is my first gouche on canvas. I couldn't wait to use the some more color then blue and white. I had a feeling I would like the gouche for it's fluidity and richer colors. I am looking forward to this week and starting to paint more flowers. This week I should be able to work on my patio and back room a bit, too. It's been too cold to do much in either. I also am gathering bigger things to sell hopefully at a flea market, soon. Ebay has been challenging and very time consuming. But, it is coming together and I am glad I am still listing and trying. Yesterday was International Women's Day. I would like to celebrate differently this year. Instead of concentrating on Female Artists in Museums, I would like to start with female creatives. Especially women who own creative businesses. I am amazed of all the creativity out there. My instagram feed and facebook have been a joy lately. I love seeing what everyone has been up to. First I would like to feature Diane Von Furstenberg. I saw her last week on a show (I think it was Drew) and a girl was accepted for Design at a college in NYC. Diane told her she wanted to be her Fairy Godmother, and if she needed anything she could call her. When I went to her website she is AMAZING! Her quotes are empowering. It is not a surprise she wrote a book called "Own It". She says attitude is everything and I couldn't agree more. Take a look for some more inspiration: https://www.dvf.com/inchargeathome/ Quotes: There's design, and there's art. Good design is total harmony. There's no better designer than nature - if you look at a branch or a leaf, it's perfect. It's all function. Art is different. It's about emotion. It's about suffering and beauty - but mostly suffering! Diane von Furstenberg Music: John Mayer A New Light From the playlist on Diane Von Furstenber's Incharge at home page. Also made me think of a good friend I lost this year. Today would have been her birthday. She loved Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel and John Mayer. We shared some really good concerts together. It was nice listening to this song and thinking of her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project