My World in Blue and White Project

This is a blog post about the first three months of 2021 during a pandemic. I am a work in process and have learned most of all the importance of living in the moment. I have learned a LOT from doing daily practices. Making goals in my Ebay shop. Learning about Women Artists and taking some classes. Clearing out the past of "stuff" in my basement. And, best of all being the best "4 year old self" possible. I am going to list Five links of Women who have influenced me the most in living life in the moment and creating daily practices. Their resources are mostly free and have endless amounts of inspiration. My main goal is to do this with the resources I already have on hand and keep the costs down as much as possible. I strayed away a little bit and it really taught me that is ok. Just learn from it and move on. I start my day with resources on the computer. Here are the five sites I use the most. I also have been able to take free workshops through zoom when I have the time. These are helpful to live a more creative life. And, this is just not about creating Art. This is about creating a life with joy. Learning what makes us happy and making sure we grasp and hold on to those feelings when they arise. Sister Corita Kent It is sort of funny I chose a nun. Because, honestly I felt they stifled my creativity. I do remember Sister Corita when I was young, especially that she designed a postage stamp. Most of all I remember the lettering and the bold colors. But, I think of nuns as conservative. And, that's why I think it important to remember for someone like this during the 60's to get so much positive attention, she really had to work for it. And, looking at all she created during that time, it shows she must have been busy in her art all the time. The Artist Way by Julie Cameron. Since she wrote a new book, about listening, she has been doing lots of workshops. I never bought her books, but I pay a lot attention to her social media. I love the art dates, especially. Her daily practice is very rigid. But, I have found my way in doing what she is call us to do naturally. A daiy practice is such a great way to play. No pressure, just try something new or just keep going on something you enjoy. Lilla Rogers, August Wren, Molly Hatch and Lisa Congdon on Creative Bug. I wasn't going to include this because I got the first month free. And now, I pay about $10 a month for classes. Lilla Rogers was the first one I took because I want to develop a style. It really was the best introduction and it really felt like play. It helped me organize my supplie and steered me in a direction of what supplies I love to use and subject matter I like to paint. Melissa Bernstein of Lifelines. Melissa and her husband dug make about the only toy made in the USA. Melissa and Doug puzzles. I saw her story about 3 weeks ago on CBS Sunday Morning and felt she was a kindred spirit. I have taken workshops and enjoy her interactive website. My favorite workshop so far is about the importance of Play in our lives. And, as adults we forget how important it is to have something in our lives to make us laugh and feel joy again. Drew with Drew Barrymore I have been starting each morning off watching her show at 9am and then the TV goes off for the day. She is sunshine! I also love Reese Witherspoon's site Hello Sunshine and they are both doing a great job introducing Female writers, artists and small business owners. So, these are my influencers. But, on my own I have my own accomplishments: EBAY: I have sold more then 100 items with total sales over $1,000. I currently have 100 listings. So, if you add that up. I have taken 5 pictures per listing. That would be over 1,000 pictures taken and uploaded . This was the biggest challenge. But, I delete every picture about once a week, because my phone and computer are both old and don't have much storage left on them. But, I am so proud of myself to accomplish this challenge. BASEMENT: Still a work in progress. But, most of all has turned more fun discovering what can I sell next! THE 100 Day Project: I am on day 60 and haven't missed a day. YAY! I try to frame every week to get ready for an Arts and Crafts show I am going to do at the Mathis Inn in Toms River on May 22nd. I hope to share a video next week how I have been able to make these projects available for sale and keep them organized. I have ended up with a corner of my dining room that I keep the supplies and finished product. I plan on doing a lot of the pricing next week. I found some great frames this week at Ikea and am having a great deal of fun having finished projects. I am loving My World in Blue and White

Comments

  1. Geralyn- More joy is what we all need! Thanks so much for this share, and congratulations on all you’ve accomplished! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. Joy has to be taken sometimes. And, as I get older it became more apparent. Always thinking it is within reach, but everything has to be perfect to really feel it. The pandemic has been the greatest teacher for me. To stop waiting or stop looking back and just enjoy this time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One