You Always Had the Power.....My Dear

It's raining, we are all in our homes, we are feeling non-essential, the weather doesn't look good for the rest of the week, we have heard hours of new conferences with an unknown outcome, and we wake up this morning not feeling our best selves.  What do we do?  Continue to do the same thing as yesterday?  Do you believe you can make the best out of a bad day or situation?  I do believe in the power of being true to ourselves and knowing we each have the power to pick ourselves up and make things better for ourselves, even in the worst of circumstances.  I believe we have the power to visualize what we want and get whatever it is.  I believe it, 
because I use this technique all of the time.  I call it manifestation, not just wishing for what you want.  But, taking action from your thoughts to make things happen.  It doesn't mean I am going to close my eyes and think I am going to win the lottery.  For example, last night I couldn't sleep.  I fell asleep too early.  Each time I woke up about once every two hours, I closed my eyes and imagined driving to the beach and walking to the ocean.  Each time I fell asleep, even before I got to see, hear and smell the ocean.  
Certain times in my life I felt that life would be better in Europe then at home.  I had the best History class the first year at Bloomberg University.  It was summer session.  So, three weeks of the same class.  The morning was two hours of American history and two hours of European history and one hour of debate.  I was a quiet student, but for the first time I participated without being called on.  Glen and I would talk of wanting to go to Europe and we decided we needed to see our country first, which we did.  And, the bottom line is:  "There is no place like home".   If you are challenged, you just have to make the best of it!  
It is the last day of March and it is Women's History Month.  What I learned at Georgian Court College was women are represented in the Art World, but there are a handful who have achieved their works being represented in Museums.  So, there is a movement "Can You Name Five Women Artists?".  I have shared this on Facebook for the last few years.  This year was looking to be the best!  But, something bigger got in the way.  I could complain but, no. The internet has come through with the most amazing ways to view Art ever!  This is one of the best lists with links I have seen so far to bring Art to life on the computer.


Quote of the day:  Mary Cassatt: • I am independent! I can live alone and I love to work. 

Song of the Day:  Adele:  Set Fire to the Rain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project