In God We Trust

Welcome to day one of my writings during a Pandemic.  I will begin with how I am feeling and how I cope during times of trouble.  Not, only am I dealing with the Pandemic, but the loss of my mother.
The last four years have ended up being a struggle of trying to stay positive during a difficult time.  I have a complicated relationship with my mom.  Yes, I used the present tense.  Because I feel if a parent is not physically present, they are still always with me.  I shut my mom out from all of our normal conversations for the last four years, because I didn't want to burden her.  Miraculously, about three weeks before she passed away, I opened up to her.  And, she gave me the best advice.  She said that she went through a time, like I was having.  She said I didn't have any control over it, and it was up to God.  It was even up to God how I was feeling.  She said to give it all up to God and take it off of your shoulders.  Wow, for the first time in a very long time, I felt lighter.  The whole drive home I thought about what she said, and felt better and better.  My mom drove a car with a Let Go...Let God bumper sticker.  I do miss her, but I think the timing of her passing was so right.  From her leaving us on Ash Wednesday, to her not being alive during a Pandemic.  The thought of her being in a hospital or in her Continuing Care room during this time would have been horrible.
So getting back to my daily blog posts.  I will be sharing a link of what gets me through daily life during good days and bad. There will always be a picture I have taken, a short reflective paragraph and I will include a helpful link to a resource of comfort, a favorite quote and a favorite song.
My favorite source of comfort on my computer is Deepok and Oprah's 21 day Meditations.  I have always participated in the free options: Hope in Uncertain Times  and todays Meditation was about trusting our true selves.  It was a good one!   Hope you find it helpful and brings you peace during this troubling time that each and everyone of us are going through.
Quote for the day:  “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou

Song of the day:  High Hopes from Bruce Springsteen 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project