The Final Countdown


 Time is just slipping away.  2020 is just not what I thought it would be.  Summer is almost over!  Was happy yesterday to spend time with a good friend and we tried our hand at painting together.  It was really fun and a great way to spend a summer day.  I usually put off anything inside until after summer.  But, this summer has been so hot.  Turns out July was the hottest on record.  We are looking forward to painting together again soon.  And, we both really want to go to the Met in NYC, which is reopening this weekend.   I think if we drove there, and wear our masks, it should be fine.  

I do love summer, but as I get older I feel I don't get to fit in all the fun I used to have as a kid.  I hate to admit I look forward to September, because  of the cooler temperatures I can get more accomplished.  I love the feel of the air, the changing colors and the smell of pumpkin spice.  I also love the beach when it is quieter and with less people.  

I hope you enjoy summer winding down and make the best of it.  

Quote of the day:  

"There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart." — Celia Thaxter


Song of the day:  The Final Countdown by Europe  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project