Dream a Little Dream

I started collecting dollhouse furniture and wanting a dollhouse when I was around twelve.  I used money from babysitting, selling lemonade and working for my dad to buy furniture.  Real wood furniture, it could not be plastic or modern.  Most were victorian in style.  I would use gold findings from my dad's stash and find little pictures to scale to put in frames.  I wallpapered, made curtains and little accessories.  I decorated it for Christmas.  I loved to find tiny dishes of blue and white.  
Looking back at this today, I realize I was setting intentions.  I knew the life I wanted at an early age, and I wanted to work hard to make it happen.   Most of all I want to celebrate all I have accomplished and be grateful.
Dreams and reality are all connected, I feel.  Using your imagination at any age is just as important to make sure you are living the life that you want.  I feel in order to do the things I enjoy everything has to be in order.  So, yesterday it was sort of funny going through a couple of shoe boxes full of doll house stuff, I wanted to take pictures of the mini sunflower paintings I just made.  By the time I carried the table it was on, the dollhouse, and another piece of furniture up the stairs, I was wiped out.  But, I took the picture with the furniture all a mess.  I think this is teaching more about "Letting Go".   
I have a vision for what I want, and can't wait to continue onward to make it happen.  I want to make sure I take care of the girl I used to be, and make her dreams of being able to call herself an Artist come true.
I never could even dare to utter the words and call myself an Artist.  This is the dream I am making happen.  When you, the reader, encourage me with comments on facebook, it validates the dreamer in me.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart, it means the world to me.  Each little painting I create and share is a giant step to healing and helping this striving Artist come out of her shell (or dollhouse).

Quote:  “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”– Albert Einstein   

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project