Lily flowers or Lotus?

I painted the last, in this series of acrylic mini paintings, last night during the storm. I have always wanted to paint the lily pads and flowers from Spring Lake. So, I took some pictures and painted from them. I looked up what is the difference between lotus flowers and lily flowers to find some quotes. I already knew lotus means a lot in regards to personal growth, because it is used so much in the world of meditation.
I also found the Rodin Museum in New York City was having a Oragami folding event at thier Museum I would like to participate in
. I would love to participate and see the museum in person. The lotus symbolizes the opening of the heart,enlightenment, self-regeneration and rebirth. For me, it made the perfect subject matter to concentrate on. Even though, after reading, I believe what I see each day is actually just water lily flowers. Honestly, I think it doesn't matter, they are both beautiful flowers. It just matters what you see and feel when you look at lily pads and their flowers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project