Felt Brilliant Meeting Lucy Sparrow

I can't believe after my post yesterday, I realized I forgot meeting the brilliant Artist Lucy Sparrow.  She is a hero to me.  I had not been to London, when this exhibit happened in New York City.  The years I had the store in Asbury Park a trip to London was calling me big time.  But, luckily Glen was doing the Music and Art fest in Hoboken and I joined him.  I took the ferry from Hoboken for the first time to see this Art Installation called 8 'til Late.
Lucy had two shows in London that I had followed, so I was really anxious to see this in person.  First, she is so smart from a creators point of view.  But, also as a seller.  She picked some pretty prime real estate to hold her "faux" store.  It was close to the pier and during the busy summer season.  It is no wonder she sold out of everything a few weeks early.
I was like a little kid in a candy store.  I have to admit after doing all the Museum posts, the gift store is my favorite part.  So, being able to purchase something from an Art Installation was extra special!
When I saw she also made vinyl album covers I knew I had to get one.  Yesterday, was the first time I went through everything I bought.  I really can't believe I didn't buy this one.  It was very expensive, so I guess that it why I went with the choice I did.  I do remember I wanted to buy something I could sell, too.  Lucy personally wrapped everything with care.  I spent a good long time picking out what I did.  I loved the checkout experience  and I know I FELT like I should have bought more.

These are the purchases I made.  Had to get the postcards, of course.  I chose to keep these.  But, I am at this time ready to part with the tic tacs.  Here is the listing on ebay:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lucy-Sparrow-felt-hand-sewn-tic-tacs-8-til-late-Felt-Sculpture-Pop-Art/184326066025
I keep saying this, but having my purchases from my visits to Art Museums and this Art Installation was so much fun to revisit while I was home.  It was like having access and not having to travel anywhere and be close to people.  It also kept the memories alive.  Frankly, I am still in shock that this was the Rolling Stones cover I bought.  What was I thinking?  I really should have bought the Sticky Fingers one, Lucy is holding in the picture above!

Quote for the day:  “As hard as it is to believe right now, your children will go back to school,” Springsteen said (via NJArts.com). “Churches will be open and full. You will once again hug and kiss family members at your gatherings. You will shout over the noise of a crowded bar to order a drink and speak to your friends. You will buy a hot dog at Yankee Stadium. You will walk through the streets of your hometown, free and easy. You may hold a complete stranger on a crowded dance floor. And 50,000 people will once again scream their heads off somewhere in New Jersey.”


Read More: Bruce Springsteen’s Message of Hope in Pandemic | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/bruce-springsteen-hope-pandemic/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project