Hello 2022!

Looking back at 2021 and my first blog post, I can't believe all the changes that were brought to me! It started out as the most time I had to reflect on my life and then in an instant (really six months) it changed big time. But, most of all I look at the picture of when I was a four year old and the picture of my family, now. And, I think I have made that little girl in me really proud and happy. I have SO much to be thankful for, and not much can change that. Well, really my attitude could change that. But, an attitude with gratitude makes life quite simple. I am excited for the year 2022. I have five more months living across the street from the ocean in an apartment in a Victorian House. I am starting my vacation a week early, because I tested positive for Covid. So, I get to start my year out in isolation again. But, this time for just a week. I won tickets to see Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes last night and I am so disappointed I couldn't go. I should be better for the Light of Day shows, though. I started taking a writing accountability class and will change the way I write in the mornings. It is helpful to me. But, honestly I am really sick of writing about myself. So, I am going to write about vinyl record albums. I have been buying some new, and it is fun to put the needle down on a record, listen and get a light chore done. I was thinking this year was almost full of as much uncertainty and turbeleance of my teenage years. I never thought of going back to my teenage years, because I was just happy to have survived them. I think I went through a lot. I know I worked a lot as soon as I turned thirteen. I put a LOT of responsibility on myself and I wondered if things were different what would life look like for me. So, I have always thought there are no do overs. But, as I was struggling to get through this year. I thought what was the one thing that got me through my teenage years that could help me now? And, I thought to myself about the moment I heard these nine words by Bruce Springsteen on Darkness on the Edge of Town. "It Ain't No Sin To Be Glad You Are Alive". Those words were the most powerful words I had ever heard. They gave me so much stregnth. But, what they do for me now. They help me with my Catholic guilt. I was always one to think if I did something wrong, I would get struck by lightening. I took what I learned quite literally and it really wasn't much fun being a kid. And, as a kid I loved fun, I loved laughing hard and being silly, but it always had to be appropriate. I felt anything I did wrong I would suffer a consequence. So, when I heard these words it was a release for me. It was a license to celebrate life and it is NOT a sin to enjoy it. There was nothing better then going to school on a Friday, working a shift at a restaurant and then meeting up with friends until midnight. We had so much fun, and most of it was listening to music in the car or going out and dancing. The late 70's and early 80's we had a great music scene. And, last year I was able to spend my birthday dancing to guitar player that we would have seen every Wednesday night at the Royal Manor in Wall as he was a member of Holme. So, that it what I am going to focus on for the year. How, music helped me as a teenager, and how it effects me now. My business called Greetings from Geralyn really threw me into a life again full of music, and my son also playing with my favorite bands is mind blowing to me, also. So, I want to document the beauty of forty plus years later I am lucky to enjoy the musicians of my past, because they are still going strong. And, so are vinyl records! Go figure!!! Quote of the Day: We learned more from a three-minute record, baby Than we ever learned in school Bruce Springsteen Song of the Day: Badlands Bruce Springsteen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

Greetings from Geralyn