Collecting Memories

I had a short visit to the Baltimore Museum of Art. There is a new exhibition called A Modern Influence: Matisse Etta Cone and Baltimore. I couldn't wait to see this exhibition! It did not disappoint. I am fascinated by the Cone sisters and their collection of Modern Art including a huge collection of Impressionism and Post Impressionism. They were avid collectors and had relationships with Matisse and Picasso. Matisse was always my favorite. The first time I saw the Cone Collection I found their collection very feminine. But, I really didn't pay much attention to it. Then with each visit I would pay more attention to a room the museum recreated from their apartment, which was nearby to the museum. Then I started reading everything I could find about them. So, to have this exhibit totally devoted to the relationship with Matisse, I was excited. It didn't disappoint. There were lots of drawings and studies of particular paintings. When I came out of the exhibit there was a new part of the museum dedicated to Adelyn Breeskin, the curator who influenced and was responsible for the Cone Sisters collection. It included a Mary Cassatt and in reading, Mary Cassatt became her life's work. Also, I noticed the Gaugain that I saw in a major exhibit at the National Gallery of Art and the cover of the catalogue was from the Cone Collection. When I graduated with a degree in Art in 1989, I had a whole different view of acquisitions of Art. I thought I had to go to Europe to see the great masters. I knew New York City was the hub from Contemporary Art. But, now I feel after seeing the Barnes Collection in Philadelphia and the Cone collection in Baltimore, we are rich in Modern Art. I also really appreciate women contributing to these collections. I am coming to terms with my life and it's future. I appreciate all of my travels, and I don't feel the need as much to travel abroad. I am going to live a life of inspiration from Europe, right here at the Jersey Shore. I had a blog called Paris, London and Asbury Park and I think in 2022, I will continue on with that for my new life. I am amazed how this year turned out, and I have it all documented. I never would have thought that my journey to joy would have so many twists and turns. But, I am ready for this new life and ready to just rest, relax, restore and soak in all that this beautiful life offers me. I will share in my instagram stories today my visit to the Baltimore Museum of Art Quote: There are Always Flowers for those who want to see them. Henri Matisse Song: What is Life George Harrison

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new dawn.....a new day

Two Hearts Are Better Then One

My World in Blue and White Project